Search Engine Optimization
What is SEO? (Search Engine Optimization)
Here is the definition according to Wikipedia:
“Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine‘s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic“, or “earned” results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users; these visitors can then be converted into customers!”
What good is that shiny new website?
If potential online customers can’t find you! This is where SEO counts. You must optimize your website content so that it can be found in the search engines. That is where our professional SEO services come in.
What we do
Here at Coughlin Enterprises, we subscribe to many functional SEO tools that measure and reveal the complete scope of SEO factors. We use these tools to assist our clients in building their online reputation in order to drive traffic (and customers) to their websites.
The rules of the SEO game change constantly, therefore so do we. We are always educating ourselves on the various aspects of SEO including new algorithm updates put out by Google, new changes to technology that affect the users’ end experience and so much more. We stay on top of all this so that you don’t have to.
Initial On-Site SEO Services
- We work with you to define your target audience and your goals. This is the most important step in optimization. If you don’t know your target audience, how are you going to provide them with something they need or want?
- We work with you during research of your industry so that we together can understand your audience’s interests.
- We do targeted keyword research so that we can determine what keywords people are using to search for your products or services.
- We offer recommendations for a content strategy.
- We complete a technical review audit of your current site to determine any errors that may hinder optimization.
- We ensure all current pages on your website are optimized for search including updating site title tags and meta tags. (this is included with every new site design or refresh.)
- We adhere to all search engines’ webmaster guidelines.
- We submit your sitemap to Google for indexing.
Off Site SEO Services
Once your site is prepped and ready for the search engines, SEO does not stop there. If want your site to be found in search for your chosen keywords, then we must always be working to enhance your reputation and build your credibility online.
One of the things we’ve learned along the way is that Google – although they keep their search algorithms private, they release enough guides and information about how to create relevant content to provide a satisfying user experience. And although Google has stated that it uses more than 200 factors to rank a web page, we do know a couple of ranking factors that are at the top of that list: Great content + number and quality of inbound links to your site.
So, great content is addressed above in our On-Site SEO section. The sign of a great website is a site that adds new and relevant content at regular intervals. You can’t just set it and forget it. Your website should be a constant work in progress.
Next step – Inbound Links
- Building meaningful and quality inbound links (these are links to your site from other sites) Consider it like a referral, if a quality site adds a link to your site, it gives you credibility. Kind of like recommending that new restaurant in town to a friend. Requests can include:
* Requesting links from business partners, clients, vendors and friends.
* Submitting press releases
* Getting listed in legitimate directories and local web listings.
* Links from relevant blogs
* and more..
- Building social media influence. Getting your quality content shared on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, You Tube, etc builds brand awareness. This provides more visibility to your site as well.
- Getting reviews on Google+ , Yelp and other review sites. Good online reviews are priceless to your business. Not only does it open an avenue for you to reply and interact with customers, it also provides valuable link juice for your SEO.
The End Goal?
To drive focused traffic to your website and convert those visitors into customers!
If you would like to get started today, please click on the button below and request a quote.
Our Other Services